[opensource-dev] Draft update to the Contribution Agreement

Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) oz at lindenlab.com
Mon Oct 7 09:34:45 PDT 2013

As most of you probably know, Linden Lab acquired Desura^(TM), a digital
distribution service for PC gamers.

The code for the Desura client is open source, managed as the Desurium
project on github <https://github.com/desura/Desurium>.  The Desurium
project used a different open source licenses (GPLv3) than we use for
the Second Life Viewer project, and had its own Contribution Agreement.

After some discussion with both Second Life and Desurium contributors,
Linden Lab has produced a draft of a new Contributor License Agreement
<http://lecs.opensource.secondlife.com/draft-contribution-agreement-2013-10-04.pdf>
that we would like to use for both projects in the future.  This email
is an invitation to contributors and potential contributors to discuss
that draft here.

--
*Scott Lawrence* | /Director of Open Development/
Skype ozlinden <skype://ozlinden> | Second Life Oz Linden

Linden Lab| Makers of Shared Creative Spaces <http://lindenlab.com/>
Check out what we're working on! <http://lindenlab.com/products>