[opensource-dev] Beta Server Release Notes

Henri Beauchamp sldev at free.fr
Fri Feb 7 01:49:28 PST 2014

On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 16:59:54 -0800, Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) wrote:

> On 2014-02-06, 14:13 , Harold Brown wrote:
> > The Beta Server Release notes (Magnum, BlueSteel and LeTigre) have not
> > been updated since early in January.  And seeing as a new release was
> > pushed it would be nice to see what those changes were.
> >
> > http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Beta/BlueSteel
> > http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Beta/LeTigre
> > http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Beta/Magnum
> >

> See https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_BlueSteel
>
> and its peers.  We don't call them Betas any more, they're Release
> Candidates.

Did anyone of you, folks, notice that the RC servers version capability
has been failing for *months*, causing the viewers (tested again today
with LL's 3.6.13 in Magnum and Le Tigre) to report "Error fetching server
release notes URL." in the About floater ?...

To work around it I implemented a hard-coded URL fallback in the Cool VL
Viewer back in the days when the capability failed only for a few server
versions, but it'd be nice if someone fixed that capability for good !

Henri.