[opensource-dev] OSX building xcode GUI compile failure

Nicky Perian nickyperian at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 16 15:38:58 PST 2014

I was able to solve the problem using CLI.

My misguided thinking was that Apple being famous for its user GUI would have had a build system GUI at least as good if not better than windows
VS2010 where you just open the project file and hit run in debug mode. From there you can set breakpoints and tracepoints.

That works fine until the issue is present in Mac or linux.

I tried LLDB and made a little progress.

Thanks for the reply.

And to add to the tale: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Debugging_on_Mac_OS_X shows how to set up a new project for the sole purpose of debugging an existing .app without XCode trying to "helpfully" recompile the code every time you want to run the thing.