[opensource-dev] Evil bug found that can cause inventory loss: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/OPEN-201

Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) oz at lindenlab.com
Mon Jan 27 07:52:27 PST 2014

On 2014-01-25, 07:09 , Lance Corrimal wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I just found this one:
> https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/OPEN-201

Please don't use OPEN for bugs like that one... the OPEN project is for
issues that have to with building the software, not for bugs in the
software itself.

> Can cause inventory loss, of sorts. With this bug, "AutoAcceptNewInventory"
> actually turns into "Automatically discard any notecards, landmarks or
> textures offered by scripted objects". Breaks pretty much any landmark giver,
> subscribomatic, and similar... For example vending machines that sell fullperm
> textures. Or any vending machine that gives you a information notecard about
> products when you click...
>
> I'm trying to hunt it down but that's like trying to repair a pocket watch in
> the dark where you find that about half of the cogwheels have no visible
> connection to each other 0.o

If/when you've got a fix, the best thing to do is to note that fact in a
comment for the regular review team and/or send me an email. As a rule
that will result in it being moved to Snowstorm and we'll get the fix
integrated that way.  (the exception to that rule is if we don't agree
that it's a bug, but that doesn't apply in this case)

--
*Scott Lawrence* | /Director of Open Development/
Skype ozlinden <skype://ozlinden> | Second Life Oz Linden