[opensource-dev] Library Refresh viewer

Henri Beauchamp sldev at free.fr
Tue Jul 15 11:01:21 PDT 2014

On Tue, 15 Jul 2014 13:30:18 -0400, Monty Brandenberg wrote:

> None of the solutions here is particularly attractive but ensuring
> that run-time version is not less than compile-time version gives
> us a chance.

Agreed, but then we should make sure to compile the viewer against
a version that is sufficiently "old" so that every currently used
Linux distro got the same or a newer version installed... For
example, in Linux Rosa 2012 case (a relatively recent distro, that
will be kept mainted till 2017), libpcre.so.0 (PCRE v7.xx) is the
system library. In this case, won't it be safer to use PCRE 7
instead of v8 for the static libarry linked to the viewer pre-built
libraries (AFAIK, it's only libcolladadom) ?...

Henri.