[opensource-dev] Did that new CDN break web profiles for all TPVs?

Henri Beauchamp sldev at free.fr
Sat Nov 8 13:01:25 PST 2014

On Sat, 08 Nov 2014 21:51:41 +0100, Lance Corrimal wrote:

> ok interesting factoid here:
>
> I've set my viewer to go through the tor network for web pages... and
> blam, profiles load fine.
>
> now if someone please explain to me why the official viewer and the
> binary built from viewer-release load web profiles just fine without this...

Wild guess: a firewall/web cache on your ISP's side, filtering HTTP
requests based off the user agent (the official viewer advertizes
"Second Life", TPVs advertize their own name: if the web cache/firewall
filters out "unknown" (rare/custom) user agents, then you are in trouble).

To verify this, configure Firefox' user agent string with the same user
agent string as a TPV (it should appear in the viewer log), and try

Henri.