[opensource-dev] Advice building library refresh colladadom for linux 64 bit platform

Nicky Perian nickyperian at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 10 06:40:39 PDT 2014

This library is now static linking in the viewer.
The library build when set up for -m64 desires boost to be built with -fpic.

I rebuilt boost with -fpic and can build colladadom minus any unit tests.

If I use the boost w/ -fpic the viewer build  has link issues.

I am building the viewer with boost compiled without -fpic and all seems ok.

I don't like the idea of building a library with a one off boost and  not following
through out for all other libraries and the viewer.

However, I logged to aditi and uploaded a couple simple meshes without issue,

Am I missing anything? Is there a reason not to do this?

Nicky Perian