[opensource-dev] Viewer Tools Upgrades - with a call for help

Jonathan Welch jhwelch at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 05:48:34 PST 2015

More notes:
The Tortoise HG link points to the main web page, not to the file we
are supposed to download.

The CMake link points to the main web page, not to the file we are
supposed to download.
Also, the instructions call for version 3.1.0.  The latest version is
3.1.1 and the version just prior to that one is 3.0.2.

Same issue for Cygwin link pointing to main web page.

Intermediate check -- instructions needed on how to open a cygwin
terminal.  Inconsistent word usage; previously it was called a shell.

Even better would be to only use the command prompt window.  Less
confusing than having to remember what window to do various operations
in.

In Install Autobuild there is a clickable link that should not be there:
http://bitbucket.org/oz_linden/autobuild-metadata#egg=autobuild

In Update system PATH instructions on how to proceed in the Control
Panel are needed.

Oups, I have to go and apply Tank's patch for DirectX, as that has not
made it into the instructions yet.