[opensource-dev] Viewer Tools Upgrades - with a call for help

Nicky Perian nickyperian at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 13:20:32 PST 2015

I know I'm not the sharpest knife in the draw especially when it come to
python. But, if I am reading this code snip from SingularityViewer
develop.py
correctly a command line build using devenv.com is executed each time it
finds visual studio and does not use it for Express because it isn't
present in Express.
{code}
        environment = self.find_visual_studio()
        if environment == '':
            environment = self.find_visual_studio_express()
            if environment == '':
                environment = self.find_visual_studio_express_single()
                if environment == '':
                    print >> sys.stderr, "Something went very wrong during
build stage, could not find a Visual Studio?"
                else:
                    build_dirs=self.build_dirs()
                    print >> sys.stderr, "\nSolution generation complete,
it can can now be found in:", build_dirs[0]
                    print >> sys.stderr, "\nAs you are using an Express
Visual Studio, the build step cannot be automated"
                    print >> sys.stderr, "\nPlease see
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Microsoft_Visual_Studio#Extra_steps_for_Visual_Studio_Express_editions
for Visual Studio Express specific information"
                    exit(0)

        # devenv.com is CLI friendly, devenv.exe... not so much.
        return ('"%sdevenv.com" %s.sln /build %s' %
                (self.find_visual_studio(), self.project_name,
self.build_type))
{code}