[opensource-dev] Viewer Tools Upgrades - with a call for help

Wolfpup Lowenhar wolfpup67 at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 24 13:22:29 PST 2015

Recently I started working on getting set up with VS2013 build system and I
have it running fairly smoothly. I have with the help of another member on
this list gotten it so that I can build the plug-ins including
QuickTime(prop 3-p lib) which you have to have the sdk installed on your
system. Now that that is working I found that there is an issue with the
QuickTime SDK when building with VS2013. I'm getting two fatal errors and
thus the lib dose not build. I still have the VS2010 build system running
just fine and I'm trying to figure out how to get it so that the QuickTime
lib will build with both at least until the new build system is fully
adopted.

Here is the two errors from the VS2013 media_plugini_QuickTim.log file

     1>C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime SDK\CIncludes\fp.h(89): error C2371:
'float_t' : redefinition; different basic types

                 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
12.0\VC\include\math.h(67) : see declaration of 'float_t'

     1>C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime SDK\CIncludes\fp.h(122): warning
C4005: 'NAN' : macro redefinition

                 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
12.0\VC\include\math.h(106) : see previous definition of 'NAN'

     1>Done Building Project
"D:\HG\viewer-tools-update\build-vc120\media_plugins\quicktime\media_plugin_
quicktime.vcxproj" (Build target(s)) -- FAILED.

Now these errors do not happen when I'm building from the release branch
using VS2010.

I will at a later date post out my patch for adding a switch for OS
developers to use to add QuickTime to their builds once I figure out how to
get around these errors.

I just need to figure out how to block this in VS2013 and not in VS2010 then
all should be good.

  _____

No virus found in this message.