[opensource-dev] Viewer Tools Upgrades - with a call for help

Callum Prentice (Callum) callum at lindenlab.com
Wed Jan 28 13:44:22 PST 2015

Thanks for the clarification Darien - my working assumption TankMaster is
that those libs/headers are pulled in via some CMake magic - I'll go check
to see if that's the case.

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 1:25 PM, Tank Master <jaeger_reg at hotmail.com> wrote:

> As far as I know, it is only used to detect the GPU name in windows.
> Also, if the compile IS using the DX 2010 SDK, there is no documentation on
> modifying VS2013 to point to it, which make me wonder if the build
> environment is even using the files, let alone seeing them.
> ~TM
> ------------------------------
> Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 13:22:33 -0800
> From: darien.caldwell at gmail.com
> To: opensource-dev at lists.secondlife.com
> Subject: Re: [opensource-dev] Viewer Tools Upgrades - with a call for help
>
> Oh and DXERR is removed as well.
>
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 1:21 PM, Darien Caldwell <
> darien.caldwell at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The windows 8.1 version of the DirectX SDK removes the D3DX* library and
> changes XNAMath to DirectXMath, so if you use either from those namespaces,
> it's not going to work.  I don't know exactly what the viewer is using
> DirectX for, but as long as it's not using anything from the
> removed/renamed libraries, it should be fine to change over.

> information available here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/OpenSource-Dev

*Callum Prentice *| *Software Engineer*
*Cell* 650 888 1697 | *Skype* CallumPrentice | *Second Life *Callum Linden

Linden Lab <http://www.lindenlab.com/> | Makers of Shared Creative Spaces

Check out what we're working on! <http://lindenlab.com/products>