[opensource-dev] Viewer Tools Upgrades - with a call for help

Henri Beauchamp sldev at free.fr
Thu Jan 29 02:45:46 PST 2015

On Wed, 28 Jan 2015 10:53:11 -0500, Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) wrote:

> We've also put up a new page of instructions on how to set up a Windows
> development environment
> <https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Visual_Studio_2013_Viewer_Builds>.
> Suggestions for improvement are most welcome here and on the Talk
> page... we're trying to keep it as simple as possible while being
> sufficient to build a clean checkout of the viewer.

Missing bits:

- When using Windows 7, you must also update from IE8 to a newer version
since else, you can't log in to register for a free license from within
Visual Studio 2013 Community (the IE8 Javascript engine fails on two of
the scripts used by VS2013).

- To compile a viewer, you'll also need FMOD Ex installed.

Henri.