[opensource-dev] Quicktime on Mac

Cinder Roxley cinder at alchemyviewer.org
Wed Jun 15 06:26:36 PDT 2016

On June 15, 2016 at 7:22:27 AM, Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) (oz at lindenlab.com <mailto:oz at lindenlab.com> ) wrote:

On 2016-06-13 18:18 , Cinder Roxley wrote:
Hello,

As the replacement of quicktime was being discussed here recently, I’m just checking out Xcode 8 and Quicktime has been completely removed from macOS 10.12 SDK. Haven’t installed Sierra yet to see, but there’s a good chance the plugin is broken in it. (You certainly can’t compile.)

This not only affects the quicktime plugin, but the mac volume catcher in the viewer.

Our plan is to address the quicktime plugin for the Mac in the 64bit project; the focus for the moment with respect to Quicktime is replacing it on Windows
Shouldn’t be an issue then, I would think. macOS Sierra isn’t due out until fall.