[opensource-dev] Replacement for QuickTime media plugin - a straw man proposal

Darien Caldwell darien.caldwell at gmail.com
Wed May 18 21:49:46 PDT 2016

Using CEF for media is what I've been saying since CEF support was
announced for the viewer. I think it would be a clean solution. The viewer
already runs 3 instances of CEF at startup, using one of those for media
wouldn't really add any additional load.

The viewer is already using something else (FMODEX maybe) for MP3, as it
works without Quicktime installed.