[opensource-dev] Replacement for QuickTime media plugin - a straw man proposal

Dax Dupont skyemenjou at gmail.com
Thu May 19 11:24:00 PDT 2016

CEF proprietary codecs will solved that issue. Whether or not it will be a
replacement for media is up in the air.
I think it might be good to have a trial version of all the three options
if possible and measure impact.

On May 19, 2016 19:13, "Callum Prentice (Callum)" <callum at lindenlab.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Whirly - I'll take a look and see what, if any, of the proposed
solutions allows those to work.

wrote:

>> The JIRA issues Nicky referenced are:
>>
>> https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-11008
<https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-11008> - [CEF] MPEG4 and AAC video
not working in TV object

>> https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-11606
<https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-11606> - Missing proprietary codec
support

>> ________________________________
>> Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 11:24:50 +0200
>> From: sl.nicky.ml at googlemail.com
>> To: callum at lindenlab.com
>> CC: opensource-dev at lists.secondlife.com
>> Subject: Re: [opensource-dev] Replacement for QuickTime media plugin - a
straw man proposal

>> Otherwise I prefer using gstreamer or VLC for MOAP and the codecs in CEF
just so they work in the browser.
>> I know there is demand for those, there is also two Jiras for that, so
TVs can use HTML5. I can dig those two Jira up (or ask Whirly)
>> if people are interested in the tickets.

(un)subscribe information available here:
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/OpenSource-Dev Please read the policies
before posting to keep unmoderated posting privileges

> --
>
> CALLUM PRENTICE | Software Engineer
> <http://www.lindenlab.com/>
> LINDEN LAB | Create Virtual Experiences <http://www.lindenlab.com/>