[opensource-dev] Mac viewer and Apple maintained opensource libraries

Geir Nøklebye geir.noklebye at dayturn.com
Wed Feb 1 22:09:30 PST 2017

Dahlia Trimble said:

> It's probably considered bad practice for code to use an ARB extension without first checking to see if it's available.

All the viewers already detect and log this, and you will find it at asa  log entry like:

2017-02-01T08:08:30Z INFO: #RenderInitinitExtensions: Couldn't initialize GL_ARB_occlusion_query2

There is no code path that that will handle this extension missing apart from logging it, so the viewer crash in the lloctree portion of the code where this extension is used, specifically in the LLOcclusionCullingGroup. You will often see it accompanied with the EARLY-FAIL occlusion state (defined in llvieweroctree.h)

The viewers logs other missing extensions too, which we have fixed in Kokua.