[opensource-dev] 64 bit viewers build instructions

Cinder Roxley cinder at alchemyviewer.org
Tue Jan 17 07:14:05 PST 2017

We’ve had OpenJPEG 1.5.1 running solidly on Alchemy for years now. I can put together some patches to get it working.

--
Cinder Roxley
Sent with Airmail

On January 17, 2017 at 9:03:11 AM, Nat Goodspeed (nat at lindenlab.com <mailto:nat at lindenlab.com> ) wrote:

Nat Goodspeed <nat at lindenlab.com> erian <nickyperian at gmail.com> wrote:

> https://bitbucket.org/lindenlab/p64_3p-openjpeg/pull-requests/2
>
> Please take this in and then provide for the updated archives in the viewer. I also received a report that the missing texture issue is in macOS when using openjpeg-1.5.1.

There are admittedly painful aspects to the two-step autobuild
mechanism: (1) rebuild the 3p package and (2) update every consumer.

However, one of the benefits of that approach is that we can adjust
the version of a given 3p package consumed by (e.g.) the viewer
without actually having to revert the 3p repository source. We can
just change back the package URL specified in the viewer's
autobuild.xml.

> Or, if the problem with 1.5.1 is easily corrected....

Please forgive me if this should already be on my plate, but I don't
recall a Jira about the openjpeg 1.5.1 issues? Does 1.5.1 fail to load

texture files that are correctly handled by 1.5.0?

I think Cinder has a point: if we can move forward with 1.5.1, we should.