[opensource-dev] viewer64 SL_Launcher

Nat Goodspeed nat at lindenlab.com
Fri Jun 30 09:02:23 PDT 2017

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 11:52 AM, Nicky Perian <nickyperian at gmail.com>
wrote:

On my alienware it is a Nvidia setting to use its driver as default and can
> also be set for a specific *.exe program name.
>
> On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 10:26 AM, Jonathan Welch <jhwelch at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Some systems have two built in graphics chips such as Lenovo laptops with
>> a system called Optimus. One graphics chip is very weak and the other much
>> stronger, bit also more power hungry. As I recall it took a while to
>> register the .EXE name with Nvidia so the stronger chip runs the viewer.
>>
>> Is this registration underway already?

I don't know about that registration, but will ask.

What I think you're saying, though, is that detection of the issue may be
complicated. In fact it might be impossible for SL_Launcher.exe to detect
which potential graphics driver is configured to handle our viewer. Is that
a fair statement?