[opensource-dev] Mac Build - Where do I start?

Nicky Perian nickyperian at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 09:09:52 PDT 2018

Step 1.
hg clone ssh://hg@bitbucket.org/lindenlab/viewer-build-variables <ssh://hg@bitbucket.org/lindenlab/viewer-build-variables>

Or
hg clone ssh://hg@bitbucket.org/kokua/viewer-build-variables <ssh://hg@bitbucket.org/kokua/viewer-build-variables>  //setup for multiple Xcode installed in /Xcode  currently Xcode-9.3

Set an environment variable AUTOBUILD_VARIABLES_FILE=/Users/bill/viewer-build-variables/variables

Step 2.
Pip install autobuild1.1

Following is a bit customized. I switch between autobuild-1.0 and autobuild-1.1. I source .bash_profile for part of the switching.

{code}
# araxis
export PATH=$PATH:/Applications/Araxis\ Merge.app/Contents/Utilities
# virtualenv
export WORKON_HOME=~/virtualenvs
source /usr/local/bin/virtualenvwrapper.sh
# autobuild
#workon autobuild-1.1
#alias autobuild="/Users/bill/virtualenvs/autobuild-1.1/bin/autobuild"
#export AUTOBUILD="/Users/bill/virtualenvs/autobuild-1.1/bin/autobuild"
export AUTOBUILD_VARIABLES_FILE="/Users/bill/viewer-build-variables/variables"
#export PATH='/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/autobuild:$PATHworkon
export DEVELOPER_DIR='/Xcode/Xcode_9.3.app/Contents/Developer/'
export CMAKE_OSX_ROOT='Xcode/Xcode_9.3.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Devloper/SDKs/MacOSX10.13.sdk'
{/code}

I source another file to move to older Xcode and autobuild-1.0

Step 3.
Configure and build.

From my build script. Full paths are not needed for CL entry
{code}
/Users/bill/virtualenvs/autobuild-1.1/bin/autobuild \
configure --address-size=64 -q -c ReleaseOS --   -DLL_TESTS:BOOL=OFF -DFMODEX:BOOL=ON -DOPENAL:BOOL=OFF -DPACKAGE:BOOL=ON  \
-DUSE_KDU:BOOL=OFF -DRELEASE_CRASH_REPORTING:BOOL=OFF -DVIEWER_CHANNEL="Kokua Release RLV”
…
/Users/bill/virtualenvs/autobuild-1.1/bin/autobuild build --address-size=64 --no-configure -q -c ReleaseOS 2>&1 |tee -a DarwinSLRLV.log
date 2>&1 |tee -a DarwinSLRLV.log
{/code}