[opensource-dev] compiling viewer-release on linux

Alex sldev at vlan1000.net
Mon Aug 6 03:44:49 PDT 2018

Hi All,

I am being brave and giving this a go..

Can someone explain this:

checking llappearance_utility
downloading llappearance_utility:

http://s3-proxy.lindenlab.com/private-builds-secondlife-com/hg/repo/p64_viewer-llappearance-utility/rev/317266/arch/Linux/installer/llappearance_utility-0.0.1-linux-317266.tar.bz2
/var/tmp/alex/install.cache/llappearance_utility-0.0.1-linux-317266.tar.bz2
error: HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized

Is this actually needed? If I grep through the sources, I find only
linux references to llappearanceutility - nothing for windows, mac..

And for LLAppearanceUtility.cmake (which gets included by
CMakeLists.txt) it seems relevant only for linux? Why?

# -*- cmake -*-
include(Prebuilt)
include(Boost)

# Linux proprietary build only
if (INSTALL_PROPRIETARY)
     if(LINUX)
         use_prebuilt_binary(llappearance_utility)
         set(LLAPPEARANCEUTILITY_SRC_DIR
${LIBS_PREBUILT_DIR}/llappearanceutility/src)
         set(LLAPPEARANCEUTILITY_BIN_DIR
${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/llappearanceutility)
     endif (LINUX)
endif (INSTALL_PROPRIETARY)

Assuming its not needed, how can I drop the requirement for this during
the configure phase of the build?

--
Kind Regards,
Alex.