[opensource-dev] Linux x64 - libmedia_plugin_cef.so error

Henri Beauchamp sldev at free.fr
Tue Mar 20 02:22:43 PDT 2018

On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 18:45:54 +1000, Alex wrote:

> I am working to try and get a Linux version of the FS viewer running and
> I have been successful for the most part after fixing a bunch of build
> issues.. however I seem to have an issue with CEF failing in the new
> viewer, this can be seen in the logs:
>
> 2018-03-20T07:44:13Z WARNING: LLPluginInstance::load: apr_dso_load of
> /home/alex/fsivy/bin/llplugin/libmedia_plugin_cef.so failed with error
> 20019 , additional info string:
> /home/alex/fsivy/bin/llplugin/libmedia_plugin_cef.so: undefined symbol:
> AtomicOps_Internalx86CPUFeatures
>
> Some Googling reveals that AtomicOps_Internalx86CPUFeatures is part of
> CEF? Has something gone wrong with linking somewhere?
>
> What might have gone wrong for this to happen? I am out of ideas as to
> what it might be. Any thoughts appreciated.

When typed from a terminal pointing in your viewer directory, what does

LD_LIRABRY_PATH="./lib:$LD_LIRABRY_PATH" ldd ./path bin/llplugin/libmedia_plugin_cef.so

tells you ?

If it can't find libcef.so, then it would explain it...

Make sure your viewer_manifest.py script does properly copy all the CEF
libraries, binaries and resources in the right places.

Also, you will find a working Dullahan Linux plugin on the Cool VL Viewer
site (in http://sldev.free.fr/libraries/ ), as well as the corresponding
sources (in http://sldev.free.fr/libraries/sources/ ). Note however that
this is a modified version with extended parameters for CEF (to learn how to
use them, have a look at indra/media_plugins/libvlc/media_plugin_libvlc.cpp
in the sources for the Cool VL Viewer v1.26.21.x). This plugin can also be
used to compile the viewer with a non C++11 compliant compiler (e.g. with
gcc v4.6, even though you will still need to link the viewer to a version
of libstdc++.so v6.0.19 or newer (shipped with gcc v4.8 or newer), since
this is what libcef.so expects), unlike LL's version.

Regards,

Henri.