[opensource-dev] specifying wich python binary to use?

Henri Beauchamp sldev at free.fr
Sun Sep 23 05:19:20 PDT 2018

On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 10:56:52 +0200, Lance Corrimal wrote:

> the trick with the link did not work either, cmake is evil enough to
> actually search for python binaries WITH the attached version number.

cmake is for nothing in this behaviour (else, I'd encounter it as well for
my viewer and distro, the latter also having both python2 and python3
installed). It's likely a bug in LL's build system...

Note that my viewer is using a largely modified build system (derived from
Snowglobe v1's), that can build on pretty much any Linux distro (but for
6+ years old ones, since they won't fulfil minimum cmake and/or gcc versions
requirements), and which does not rely on any external resource (such as
"autobuild", "llbase" and all that non-sense)...

Glad you found the solution however.

Henri.