[opensource-dev] Windows ReleaseOS build unable to load textures

John Nagle nagle at animats.com
Mon Feb 11 09:44:15 PST 2019

Is this related to

https://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/FIRE-22342

The problem there was with 5-channel images.  SL has a few of those;
in some old format, eyelash length was encoded as an extra JPEG
color channel.  Those resulted in crashes where the fast cache
decoder didn't have a case for a 5-level texture.

That was not fixed in Firestorm because LL had a fix in their code
which was not yet integrated into Firestorm. See JIRA. Could it be
that some combination of the fixes is clashing?

It would be nice to get this fixed so building from source would
Just Work again.