[opensource-dev] Viewer changes for Premium changes

Henri Beauchamp sldev at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 27 13:07:34 PST 2020

On Thu, 27 Feb 2020 12:44:31 -0800, Brian McGroarty wrote:

> All else aside: In the future, if you notice something on aditi adversely
> affects your viewer, please don't be shy about raising it on this list or
> in a JIRA. An early heads up may be helpful to other viewer devs, or it
> will make it more feasible for the company to alter or postpone a change.

Frankly, given the data that was transmitted on login on Aditi in the
additional parameters (just a few meaningless strings, including a couple
in Russian), I thought it was just a test for some more serious,
to-be-announced-and-properly-QAed change that would be implemented later
on...

There was also, no trace of changes to the login parameters in the
viewer(s) code on LL's git repository (no new viewer branch announced
either, that would use those new parameters).

I won't have imagined that such an essential component as the login server
would see its protocol modified on Agni so stealthily and quickly, without
even *some* forewarning... O.O

Now, I know by experience this actually can happen ! :-/

Henri.