[sldev] Has anybody tried valgrind?

alissa_sabre at yahoo.co.jp alissa_sabre at yahoo.co.jp
Wed Apr 4 09:28:25 PDT 2007

I tried valgrind, an open source memory leak checker that runs on
Linux, against 1.14.1.1.  I thought it was a good idea, since recently
many residents complain on (possible) memory leak.  Unfortuately, it
didn't work.

Has anybody tried valgrind against SL viewer?  How can I use it?  Is
it possible?

The following is the error message I got:

bin/do-not-directly-run-secodlife-bin: error while loading shared libraries: /home/alissa/SecondLife_i686_1_14_1_1_ADITI/lib/libfmod-3.75.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied

Any clue is welcome.

    Alissa Sabre