SLDev Workgroup Forum (was Re: [sldev] Request for comment...)

Peekay Semyorka peekay at targetomega.com
Wed Apr 4 15:35:19 PDT 2007

"Rob Lanphier" <robla at lindenlab.com>
> Other than as a place for spillover of overheated discussions (which may
> be reason enough), is there any other reason to have a forum distinct
> from the mailing list?  If so, what would the scope of the new forum?

One issue is we quickly hit the "> 5 post, please use Wiki" limit
for just about any topic worth discussing. In fact this thread
should already go to the wiki. :-)

> I'm happy to request a new forum at
> http://forums.secondlife.com/ if there's a good reason to have it.

For me that would be great.  I personally prefer a forum rather than
an email list.  Others have different preferences, obviously.

The only other problem with forum.secondlife.com is not everyone can
participate there.

-peekay