[sldev] Possible to distinguish client versions via LSL?

Dale Glass dale at daleglass.net
Thu Apr 5 14:30:35 PDT 2007

В сообщении от 5 апреля 2007 22:18 Tobias Lang написал(a):
> is it possible to distinguish versions of SL viewers in LSL?
> Ideally, I would like to give my altered client a different version
> and query it in a script. This way, I could prevent execution of
> code on normal clients...

The way I do that is by making the viewer speak on a channel. That can
work for attachments but isn't really good for anything else.

You could also make the object try to talk to the viewer with the
protocol I described on startup. If it doesn't answer, then it's not
supported. But then people without the patch see junk on their
screen.