[sldev] Opensl on SPARC..... Not yet....

Dana Fagerstrom Dana.Fagerstrom at Sun.COM
Mon Apr 16 06:23:50 PDT 2007

Folks,

I've been quietly watching this alias.  One of my new tasks is to get a
Solaris pkg of the viewer built for x86/x64 and SPARC.  Though these
aren't "official" builds the work should help opensl.  I have an x86
version of the pkg done but discovered that my graphics card doesn't
support 32-bit color.  Therefore I have yet to test it.  Once I get an
appropriate platform for testing I plan on using DTrace to look for hot
spots in the code.

I also attempted a build on SPARC.  All looks good but the GL-related
#ifdef's need to be tweaked because we don't support Mesa on SPARC.
Luckily the Darwin "branches" look much more compatible so we'll see.

The entire project may be re-prioritized and placed on the back burner
but I'll be sure to push my changes to opensl.org as soon as I'm happy
with them.

Dana