[sldev] startup error:unable to access a file that it needs

王磊 laotie1528 at 163.com
Thu Apr 19 02:15:57 PDT 2007

 I compiled the latest version (1.14.1.2) of SL on VS2005 Express. It can be builded successfully. However, when SL start running, it poped up a dialog shows the information below:

 Second Life is unable to access a file that it needs.
 This can be because you somehow have multiple copies running, or your system incorrectly thinks a file is open. If this message persists, restart your computer and try again. If it continues to persist, you may need to completely uninstall Second Life and reinstall it.
 I have follow these instructions, but it still does not work. Could anyone help me resolve this problem, Thanks!