[sldev] Unable to login with third party clients

John Hurliman jhurliman at wsu.edu
Wed Apr 25 12:28:51 PDT 2007

josh at lindenlab.com wrote:

> As previously mentioned, the protocol has changed - release-candidate
> after 1.14.1.2 will only connect to Aditi until the next Agni update. The
> connection handshake has changed slightly as well - we now require
> specific version numbers if they come from a known "channel" so we can
> suggest/require upgrades. Specifying an different channel (e.g. "My Own
> Viewer" instead of "Second Life Release", which is the default) will (I
> believe) bypass the checks.

Now that the new grid is rolled out and libsecondlife clients (that
aren't faking the version number) are locked out, can we get details on
how you specify a different channel? An example of the XML in the login
exchange, or a pseudo-XML hierarchy of what it looks like would be very
helpful.

Thank you in advance,

John Hurliman