[sldev] Voice

Andre Roche roamingryozu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 05:27:01 PDT 2007

My solution is very similar, but with one major difference.  I'd like to see
the Friends list totally removed from the chatterbox and turned into it's
own window again.  Keep the groups tab on there as well, and what you have
left is a "Contacts" window.  Much like how many (Well, all, as far as I
know) Instant Messenger programs have a "Contacts" or "Friends" list window
separate from the actual IM windows.

I don't really see a reason to dock the friends list in the "Communicate"
window, as I also don't see much reason for there to be two buttons with
labels that mean the same basic thing.  "Chat" and "Communicate."  Although
that's a slightly stickier situation to handle without breaking usability.

The solution isn't that hard: Make the friends list detachable and put a