[sldev] Uh... what was with the sudden voice release?

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Thu Aug 2 19:42:59 PDT 2007

Second Life wrote:
> I don't remember seeing any warning of an public release of voice today.
>
> That pretty much kills any chance of  fixing the worst problems of the
> chatter box :(
>
> Is it time to start talking about an alternative UI for real SL users?
>
> Besides unbreaking the chatterbox there was always HUGE room for
> improvement of the SL UI and chat features such as customizable
> syntax/user highlighting etc.
>
> Is it time for me to write "Phoca for SL"? Anyone interested in what
> that might entail?
> :(
>
> Farallon
The roadmap said that Voice was to be released yesterday. Obviously, the
troubles over the weekend pushed its release back until today.

Which leads one to wonder: why not wait until next Wendesday for this,
since everyone is used to "patch Wednesday." Is something really spiffy
being released on Wednesday that they don't want to delay? Next week's
meeting at Zero's is about mono.

Hmmmm...