[sldev] Re: Scripting the client

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 19:49:22 PDT 2007

On 02-Aug-2007, at 21:33, Lawson English wrote:
> Is there an opensource drop-in library for ECMAscript? The fact
> that there is an interpreter in the browser doesn't mean it would
> be easy to use it for a non-web-based purpose, I would think.

"SpiderMonkey is Gecko's JavaScript engine written in C. It is used
in various Mozilla products, including Firefox, and is available
under MPL/GPL/LGPL tri-license."

And

"JavaScript C Engine Embedder's Guide
This guide provides an overview of SpiderMonkey and describes how you
can embed engine calls in your applications to make them JavaScript-
aware."

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/SpiderMonkey