[sldev] Treeview?

Joshy Squashy sly_squash at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 7 01:31:23 PDT 2007

Hello, first time posting here.

I'm working on a project where it'd be great to make a panel that has a
treeview on it.  Even better, I'd like have a "Directory Watcher" of all the
files and folders underneath a specified location i.e. tell it "C:\Temp" and
C:\Temp is a root and the treeview lists all the subdirectories and such
underneath it, but even just a treeview would be great.

Then, right-click on an element in the treeview and a list of commands pop
up to allow you to manipulate the element by making a programmatic call to
some area of the code.

I know how to make floaters and forms and buttons and such, and I've used
lldirpickers and llfilepickers before, but couldn't find anything similar to
a Treeview.

However, there is the Inventory floater, which is very much like a Treeview.
  I began a project where I attempted to copy and hack apart the Inventory
floater, but it is very heavily integrated into the "Inventory" aspect of
the code.

I'm using LLInventoryView as the basic design, and trying to add
LLFolderViews with LLFolderViewFolders and LLFolderViewItems into them.
However, using these things is very complicated.  For one, they require
FolderViewEventListeners produced from LLFolderBridge::createBridge, which
requires an LLInventoryPanel and a LLUUID as a parameter.  However, when I
supply an ID by doing

LLUUID xID;
xID.generate();

I'm not sure that's right.

LLFolderViewFolder also requires a LLViewerImage, which I have no idea how
to construct.

Overall, this is getting extremely complicated.  Is there anyone interested
in helping to develop a Treeview on a floater or can point me in the right
direction as to where I can find something, whether it be in the SL source
or 3rd party treeview source?