[sldev] Nightly downtime for jira/wiki at 9pm PDT

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Fri Aug 10 18:45:07 PDT 2007

Hi folks,

We seem to have memory leak problems on both jira.secondlife.com and
wiki.secondlife.com that seem to cause the severe slowdowns that we see
on both machines every three or four days.  Until we can figure out what
the root cause is (and partly, in an attempt to prove this hypothesis),
we're going to reboot these machines nightly at 9pm PDT as a (hopefully)
temporary measure.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I'm hoping we can come up with a better fix
soon.

Rob