[sldev] Re: Vote for voice protocol documentation

Dirk Moerenhout blakar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 03:15:05 PDT 2007

On 8/16/07, Callum Lerwick <seg at haxxed.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 07:49 +0000, Matthew Dowd wrote:
> >  directed audio rather than point source audio
>
> Could someone please explain to me what exactly this means? As someone
> who has researched quite a bit into specialized audio, it doesn't mean a
> damned thing to me. Sounds like marketing babble to me, marketing babble
> that I can't even seem to google up. The only references I can google
> refer to specialized hardware:

Well I'm not an expert though based on semantics I'd guess it is
supposed to mean that a point source emits sound onmidirectional while
a directed output emits sound in a direction. So for example if
somebody turns his back to you while talking he's still in the same
spot and "emitting audio" but as the direction changes it's quite a
bit harder to hear what he's saying (especially if you have other
noise too).

Just a guess though :)

Dirk aka Blakar Ogre