[sldev] Upcoming viewer releases?

Dzonatas dzonatas at dzonux.net
Wed Aug 29 07:38:56 PDT 2007

Nicholaz Beresford wrote:
>   And you know that deep inside, because you burned the bridges already.

However, you assumed I started the fire. That is a negative you'll have
to change about yourself.

How can you honestly know all the facts? I wouldn't expect anybody here
to know all the facts. I do know the fact that anybody who blames any
certain person is dead wrong for blaming.

I tend more to point out problems that re-occur than to grudge and blame
someone, even over and over. If problems are happening, there is a
reason that can be solved. Some just want to bypass the whole attempt to
solve the problems and sweep it under the rug or push them to the
street. The problem there is "they" don't know how to solve problems.

Companies that can't solve problems fear taking or helping people with
baggage, so those with baggage never get hired. I admit I got baggage,
and no it is not a load I personally held on to that is easy to get rid
of. I've acknowledged it and try to find the solution.

People say, "leave it at the door." You know the expression. I've tried
that many time. Sometime happens where people want to know why I have to
be gone for a day or more. I explain it, and they don't believe me. I
say, "let me show you the court paper work," and they never look. It
must be easier to believe the world is full a bunch of psychos than to
realize that our governments are made up of humans that are not perfect.

One thing I was hoping the most for out of Second Life is a change to
this. I hoped that Second Life would lead the way to better technology
to solve some of these problems. You know our governments aren't
perfect. I believe virtual world's can change that.

There is big flaw about Second Life that I know for a fact. WoW put me
closer to my kids than Second Life ever could. My kids enjoy playing WoW
with me. They can't see me in Second Life.

I finally took that uncashed check I had from Linden Labs and spent it
on WoW just to play with my kids. You know what, it was probably to best
and most time my kids actually talked to me.

Me and my kids have gone to amusement parks and other big fun places,
but never really interact like we did when playing WoW.

I hope LL learns a lesson from that and decides to open communication
and interaction with between all ages. The adult theme seems like a very
deep dependency for LL's survival at this time, unfortunately.

Hell, even the OS keynote speech of Philip Linden is not kid safe; that
and knowing Phoenix Linden is pretty involved in adult themes, I doubt
things are going to change soon for to prosper Philip's new mission
statement. Looks like WoW is already ahead.

--
Power to Change the Void