[sldev] Re: OS-SL Development Issues (was Upcoming viewer releases)

Ryan Williams (Which) rdw at lindenlab.com
Wed Aug 29 13:17:41 PDT 2007

Callum Lerwick wrote:
> This doesn't necessarily mean using ejabberd. How hard would it be to
> get the current system to speak Jabber protocol? Just gatewaying Jabber
> protocol into the existing system would be a good start.

That is probably be worth the effort in the long term (in that it would
enable a wider range of more-fully-featured clients to connect), but the
main problem at the moment seems to be latency, which we still have to
solve internally.

We were hoping that ejabberd would magically solve the scaling problem
(I think it's supposed to be the most scalable of the jabber
implementations).

-RYaN