[sldev] New viewer released with logging of the owners of speaking objects and their location

Dale Glass dale at daleglass.net
Thu Aug 30 19:23:16 PDT 2007

Finally got it mostly working, although tweaking needed still.

The feature is logging the owner of objects that speak. Looks like this:
[12:00] Some Object: Hi there! [(requesting) at secondlife://Ahern/128/100/50]
[12:01] Some Object is owned by Dale Glass
[12:05] Some Object: Test [Dale Glass at secondlife://Ahern/128/100/50]

For IMs, it can display the location of the object even if it's in an entirely
place, thanks to the inclusion of a sim key and coordinates in IM messages.

Due to the lack of a sim key to sim name message in the grid, I built a
database by having a bot visit LOTS of sims on the grid. Currently about
10000 out of 13000. This means that for IMs locating the sim will not work
100% of the time yet, but I'm getting there.

This is mostly intended to help in locating annoying objects, such as yelling
camping chairs, spamming objects, etc.

Downloads at http://sl.daleglass.net
Source at http://svn.daleglass.net/sl/release
Linux version will be out tomorrow.