[sldev] [VWR] Multi-select Users in Group IM and Near Me UserList, Right Click Menu, Create Conference

Kamilion kamilion at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 06:11:20 PST 2007

Today, I was chatting in Scripters of Second Life.
The Group Owners and Administrators dislike when conversation falls
off topic or people treat the Group IM Session as an IRC channel.

The most user friendly way to address this with the minimum amount of
coding and effort, in my opinion, would be the following:

Background: In the 1.18.X Voice-Enabled Viewers, one can click the <<
button and open a List of users either nearby users in the Near Me
tab, or a Group Instant Message tab.

#1: Allow a single user to be right clicked on, display a menu similar
to right clicking on an object in inventory.
#1-1: Menu Entry: View User Profile
#1-2: Menu Entry: Instant Message
#1-3: Menu Entry: Offer Teleport
#1-4: Menu Entry: Offer Calling Card
#1-5: Menu Entry: Offer Friendship (Should only show up when a single
user is selected to prevent mass-friend add spam.)
#1-5: Menu Entry: Mute/Unmute Chat
#1-6: Menu Entry: Mute/Unmute Voice
#1-7: Menu Entry: Start Conference Chat

#2: Allow multiple users to be Shift-block / Ctrl-individual selected
in the user list.
#2-1: Menu Entry: Start Conference Chat
#2-2: Menu Entry: Offer Calling Card
#2-3: Menu Entry: View User Profiles (Create a single window with
multiple profiles in tabs, like multi-selecting two calling cards in
inventory, right clicking, and selecting Open.)
#2-4: Menu Entry: Offer Teleport

The main request here is adding a way to Conference with other users
in the group.
Alternatively, there needs to be a mechanism to add more users into an
existing Conference... If there is one, I haven't found it.
If you can think of a simpler way to implement this, comment on
https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-3596

-- Kamilion Schnook