[sldev] Certified HTTP Project Update Dec 6

Ryan Williams (Which) rdw at lindenlab.com
Thu Dec 6 00:25:42 PST 2007

I'm going to be ambitious and say that I think we'll be done with
Certified HTTP by the end of this week.  The caveat is that when I say
"done" I mean that there's a ton more work to be done, but we can start
using it as the basis for something else.  Speaking of...

We're starting to design the escrow.  See the umbrella task at:

   http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/CHTTP-14

And the initial design skeleton here:

   http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Certified_HTTP_Escrow

Major accomplishments from the past week include:
  - oplog versioning, which is an attempt to deal with code changes in a
live system
  - we resolved all the debates we were having on chttpdev and
implemented the results with cold hard code

-RYaN