[sldev] build errors in 1.18.6.0 (was: Source release for 1.18.6.0)

Nicholaz Beresford nicholaz at blueflash.cc
Fri Dec 7 03:19:33 PST 2007

 >> If anyone wants to grab the Windows source and try compiling, I'd be
curious if the existing source works for you. I'm having a really odd
time with llviewerapp.cpp. When building the headers, it seems to be
pulling in unwanted Quicktime defines for check() and verify(), but I
can't yet figure out how they're getting there, or why it's different
on the public source drop. <<

Fails with conflicts on quicktime AssertMacros.h in pipeline.h

The quicktime stuff most likely comes through the quicktime part
in llappviewer.cpp (around line 120).

There are already a couple of files other (like llfilepicker.h,
dirpicker..h moviemaker.h) with this problem.  They have a few
lines saying "// AssertMacros.h does bad things. #undef ..."

So for a quick fix a chunk like

// AssertMacros.h does bad things.
#undef verify
#undef check
#undef require

needs to go into pipeline.h and folderview.h

Moving the quicktime includes to the bottom may also help.

The better solution would be of course to rename the methods to
something like verifyPipeline or checkItems

Nick