[sldev] The criminalization of open source

Dale Glass dale at daleglass.net
Tue Dec 18 08:38:38 PST 2007

On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 10:46:01AM -0500, Gordon Wendt wrote:
> I'm really disappointed to hear that Nick considering how great your viewer
> is you'd just roll over on this, and this does have usability ramifications,
> if this is taken away from the client side what's next, I've always seen
> your client tweaks as fixing LL's foibles like the communicate window, you
> can't say you never get involved if your willing to revert that.
I'm not Nicholaz, but...

I don't consider this "rolling over". People simply have different
priorities. His thing is performance and stablity, and mine is advanced features.

I've been asked a few times if I'd merge Nicholaz's patches, and so far
I refused, not because they're not cool, but because I prefer spending
time on my own stuff.

I do however ocasionally integrate something made by somebody else, like
the stereoscopic patch, so long it's in line with my interests.

I remember that some time ago Lecina Enigma had this plan to merge our
changes in one viewer, but I haven't heard of that for quite some time.
In any case, a merge after I update my viewer should have the result you
want.

Our patch sets should merge cleanly.