[sldev] How Asset server handles saving of scripts

John Hurliman jhurliman at wsu.edu
Thu Dec 20 10:11:41 PST 2007

It should also be pushing the script binary using the same Xfer (UDP)
system IIRC. Pretty sure the only uploads that are using CAPS right now
are textures and this seems to confirm it.

Useless trivia: If there is a compile error the script source code is
uploaded anyways, but no compiled binary. OpenSim uses this to their
advantage; if you place a precompiler directive at the top of the file
to indicate it is another language the viewer will fail to compile it
but upload the plaintext, and the simulator will do server-side
compilation of the script and run it.