[sldev] Automatically backing up scripts locally.

ordinal.malaprop at fastmail.fm ordinal.malaprop at fastmail.fm
Thu Dec 20 10:18:49 PST 2007

Ugh. Certainly not. I may make several edits and recompiles a minute
to a script; even if I _wasn't_ editing them offline and pasting them
in, I wouldn't want that many versions.

Really, scripts and notecards are the easiest thing to maintain
versions of anyway. I really don't think there's a huge call for an
aggressive automatic backup system - or, well, it's not something for
consideration in a main client. Being able to backup whole objects
(the ones that I don't have backups of and where "script is not
missing from database") or entire inventories, though, maybe just once
and then archive them, or maybe with a tick-box and a time interval -
that's the thing.