[sldev] Plugin API Architecture for Second Life

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Wed Feb 14 14:25:49 PST 2007

On 2/13/07 3:11 PM, Ben Byer wrote:
> @ Linden Lab:
>
> It sounds like splitting chunks of the viewer code into
> dynamically-loaded chunks is a win-win situation:
>
> * Plugins could then link against that code
> * Dynamic chunks could be updated without disturbing the rest of the
> viewer
> * The same mechanisms could be used to create plugins
> * Infrequently-used functions (estate manager, etc?) could defer
>
> Given that I can't sign a code-contribution agreement, how can I help
> with this effort?
That definitely puts a damper on things in general.  If you can't agree
to contribute code or ideas to this effort, then I think writing plugins
against whatever we come up with/reporting bugs is the next step.=20
However, even using the bug tracker or wiki requires agreement to the
contribution agreement there.

I suppose I need to turn the question around.  How do you feel you can
best help?  Also, what about the contribution agreement is disagreeable?

Rob