[sldev] ELFIO usage?

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Fri Feb 16 20:26:10 PST 2007

I am working on packaging slviewer for Fedora. There are a few library
requirements we don't already have packaged. ELFIO is one of them.
Looking through the source, it appears ELFIO is used to produce
backtraces that are supposedly better than standard glibc.

Presumably this is mainly useful for the crash reporter. Which leads to
another question, should a downstream client build even have the crash
reporter enabled? Does Linden Lab want to be receiving crash reports
from a non-stock Fedora build? Conversely, does Fedora want to be
sending crash reports to Linden Lab? (At the moment, the crash reporter
is not being packaged.)

I'm inclined to just not build in ELFIO usage, and save us a library
dep. Comments?