[sldev] compile on ubuntu 6.06?

signore at autistiche.org signore at autistiche.org
Wed Feb 21 13:52:34 PST 2007

In data 21/2/2007, "truxpin at adsl-209-233-23-82.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net"
<truxpin at adsl-209-233-23-82.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net> ha scritto:

>	Has anyone tried to compile the linux tarballs on ubuntu 6.06
>(dapper drake)?  I have been attempting, getting simple and complex errors.

I'm on Ubuntu 6.10 (Edgy) and I managed to get the viewer running
compiling by sources.
I didn't yet manage to produce a tarball for the end-user, though:
see https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-131 .
I'm not sure if this is a bug or a fault on my side.

Here are the steps I made to set up the build environment and
to compile the sources:
http://signore.wordpress.com/tag/linux

*Maybe* Ubuntu Dapper and Ubuntu Edgy don't differ too much
from this point of view, so I think it would be great if you tried
to follow the same steps and report here what happens.

I also think that if we manage to produce a step-by-step guide
for generic ubuntu users we may put it on wiki.secondlife.com.

bye
Signore Iredell