[sldev] compile is ok, but i get error at startup

Adam W awolenc at nycap.rr.com
Fri Feb 23 16:18:59 PST 2007

George,

My first guess is that you didn't get all the files you need.

If you get a latest release, such as (20070131a), everything is all in one
place (well, two places if you count the libraries).  But, if you move on to
one of the FL viewers, the files you need are broken up in several places on
this page

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Source_downloads

Make sure you have all four (or five) of the following:

1

The Viewer (on of Windows (CRLF) OR  * Mac/Linux (LF))

(Sounds like you already have that)

2

Artwork

3

Libs  (on of windows / mac / linux )

4

Texture files (will be included with source next release)

5

If you are on mac,    *  Mac OS X libcares libraries (will be included with
libraries next release)

When you  uncompress them, you'll notice that they are all have linden/
subfolders.  Consolidate them all in the same linden/ folder and voila, you
have a complete source code package.

-Adam

  _____