[sldev] Re: Plugin architecture

Jason Giglio gigstaggart at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 22:21:32 PST 2007

Tim Shephard wrote:
> I think some way to communicate from LSL to the Plugins would be very
> useful in many situations as well.

It goes beyond plugins, we need a way to communicate from LSL to other
built-in client enhancements we might develop too.  I'm working on an
idea for that. I'll put up a wiki page on it tomorrow.

> LSL has access to listen, email, dataserver, sensor, llDetected() and
> many other critical information gathering events... communicating that
> information to the PlugIn could be very useful.

And slow, considering the client can directly do some of that stuff a
lot more efficiently, but it might be a start.

> Heuristic: I recommend surveying all the HUDs currently in use as
> potential plugins.

That's very limited thinking.  Most of the stuff I'd want to do with
plugins have nothing in common with the stuff that HUDs do.

-Jason